Private Equity Analyst or PE Analyst is a person who does research and analysis on private companies.
Private equity analysts work with private equity firms. Such firms manage investments funds or portfolio of private companies. They perform due diligence, financial modeling and valuation of the companies where the fund wants to invest. In valuation techniques, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) techniques are used most frequently.
The job responsibilities of a private equity analyst include :
1. Provide analytical and asset valuation support for company’s Private Equity and Trading groups
2. Provide input for strategic development and acquisition opportunities within the specific industry
3. Develop and implement specific hedging strategies for various regions to maximize profits and minimize price volatility
4. Effectively manage industry specific trading activity to insure compliance with company’s financial, risk, and strategic objectives.
5. Reviewing and processing potential new private equity investment opportunities
6. Portfolio monitoring, reporting, and business development
7. Conducting research
What the companies look for in a private equity analyst :
Private Equity Job Description
1. 1-2 years experience in structured transactions, banking, consulting, trading or analytical experience for a specific industry.
2. Strong knowledge of different industries and business models
3. Effective at handling multiple tasks, analytical and logical reasoning
4. Self-starter and excellent communication
5. High energy level
6. MS office, Excel, PowerPoint competency
7. Ability to build positive and productive relationships
8. Integrity, Professionalism, practical judgement
9. Result oriented and self-directed
In London and US, even Bachelors are considered for this role.
You can get more information on private equity/Private Equity Industry Information on following websites:
1. vccirlce dot com
2. privateequity dot com
Private Equity Analyst Jobs
According to PayScale, Private equity analyst having 1-2 years of experience in Mumbai, India, earns anywhere between INR 3 Lakhs to 14 Lakhs a year. In New York, US, the same profile will earn $ 40,000 -1,00,000 a year and in London GBP 23,000 – 58, 000.
Interested in making a career in private equity? What is stopping you?
I hope you are now clear about private equity analyst career.