Today's post is on Analec Infotech Private Ltd.
I plan to cover many more companies in Pune. However, I decided to take a break from Pune based companies and focus on different companies all over India so that people living in different parts of India can benefit from my analysis.
Before I start, let me clear one thing, this analysis is for people who are looking for entry-level career in financial analysis and research and want to know more about Analec Infotech Private Limited.
Analec Infotech: Company Review
OK, so today I’m writing on Analec Infotech Private Limited, a company running its financial research and analysis operations from Gurgaon, Haryana.
The company’s headquarters are in Singapore and has a delivery center in Gurgaon, India, apart from business development offices in Singapore and the United States.
The company is a software-enabled solution provider to the investment research and investment banking sectors. It combines technology with business process knowledge.
I think the company’s main strengths are its domain knowledge in investment banking and investment research industry and its expertise in technology.
The company employs 100+ people in three areas—Software Implementation, Software Support, and Financial Analytics.
I will primarily be focusing on this Financial Analytics area in this post.
In financial analytics, the company mainly provides these services—Industry specific financial forecasting models, financial modeling migration and database content creation.
Analec has three products—Analec ResearchWise, Analec ClientManager and Analec ModelViewer.
The company’s main clients are financial institutions and broker-dealers. The clients include sell-side analysts, research managers, workflow and compliance professionals and sales and trading professionals.
Currently, people are working in these positions.
4. Business Analyst
6. Senior Analyst
7. Research Associate
Job Responsibilities include
- Building & maintaining in-depth financial forecast models for companies in the industrial and capital goods sector in the Asia Pacific region.
- Analyzing financial results and perform financial valuation exercises using SOTP/ DCF/ Relative/ NAV/NPV methods
- Writing reports on companies under coverage and regular news update
- Carry out Industry research
- Tracking micro and macro factors/news and analyzing the possible implication on companies revenue.
- Mentor Research associates and reviews their work
- MBA / CA / CFA / ICWA / CFP
- Graduate/Post-graduate in finance/accountancy/economics/commerce with 1-2 years experience
- Strong conceptual knowledge of accounting principles & financial management concepts
- Good Understanding of the inter-relationship between key Financial Statements.
- Good Sector Knowledge (At least 1 sector) from an equity research perspective.
- Good Understanding of financial modeling and valuation multiples.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal English) and experience in writing financial reports or commentary.
- Ability to train and mentor junior resources
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office
If you want to apply to this company, check its eligibility criteria and skills requirement mentioned above. If you are an MBA/Postgraduate in finance/economics and you have a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts, financial analysis, capital markets, equity research and financial modeling and valuation basics, and have good communication and report writing skills, you can apply to this company.
There will be a written test on finance and accounting fundamentals, valuation and financial modeling
You should be open to learning and new challenges and also sharpen your leadership skills along the way.
You can make a mid-term career in this company.
Have queries? Write to me in ‘Comments’ below.
Disclaimer: The author of this post is not a placement consultant and is not related to Analec Infotech . The opinions in this report are for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as a recommendation.The information in this report is believed to be accurate, but under no circumstances should a person act upon the information contained within without proper due diligence.
View All BIWS Courses –Free $97 Bonus for FinanceWalk Readers