After reading my last article, financial analyst job description, many readers got in touch with me through email.
After discussing with them, I think many of you want to know the criteria for entry-level financial analyst jobs, salary, and resume and how to find these jobs.
I’ve done in-depth research on this topic, and you will find this article useful if you’re looking for an entry level financial analyst job description.
So, here we go.
Entry level Financial Analyst Job Description Guide
As per Accounting Principles’ study, the most ‘in-demand’ entry-level finance job is:
- Financial Analyst
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
- Credit Analyst
- Mortgage Underwriter
See? Financial Analyst tops the list.
Apart from the job mentioned above, entry-level investment analyst Job is also in demand.
I’m a big fan of using Google and many other websites for doing research and analysis of anything … yes, anything.
So, for this post also, I’ve used Google extensively and found out what you, as an entry-level financial analyst needs to know.
First things first.
Job Description for Entry Level Financial Analyst
Responsibilities of entry level finance Job
- To provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and analysts within the team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative work related to that subset of deals.
- Also, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing cover for the team in the event of absence and holidays to ensure a seamless service to the team.
- General business administration role in a Financial Services Organization Data entry, data maintenance, and data quality assurance for Rating queues
- Assist analysts in creating press releases, research, and analysis Tracking all actions and publications.
- Deliver a high level of service across a high volume of transactions Identify, research and resolve issues involving data processing errors
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation.
- Perform office administration, including support, as needed.
- Market research analysis.
- Explaining complex financial information to non-financial personnel.
Skills and qualifications required for entry-level finance job
- Bachelor’s degree required ideally within a Financial discipline.
- A firm administrator with excellent administrative skills
- Well developed IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, independence, problem-solving ability, effective communication skills, and overall positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge and skills, including in-depth expert knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and word processing.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Customer service-oriented.
Entry Level Financial Analyst Salary
Entry-Level Financial Analyst Salary will be in the range of $50,000-60,000 if you are in the US.
For other countries, I would suggest you visit Salary or Payscale.
There would be a telephonic round first for the entry level financial analyst. This round will be for almost 30 minutes.
If you clear the first round, you will be invited for a one-on-one interview.
The questions? They will ask you behavioral and technical questions like:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is beta? Can you explain it in detail?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are CAPM and WACC?
- How do you calculate the cost of equity?
- What is debit and credit in accounting?
- What’s the difference between operating profit, gross profit, and net profit?
- What are the three most essential ratios to check a company’s financial strength?
- Why do you want to join our company?
- What is the difference between FCFF and FCFE?
- What is LIBOR?
- What is shareholders’ equity? How do you calculate it?
Please note that the above questions are the only representative. The interviewer can ask other questions based on the position, your role, and your resume.
Entry Level Financial Analyst Resume
So, what should I mention in my resume objective field?
You can write your resume objective like:
- To obtain a position where I can apply my skills and knowledge in a challenging and progressive environment that also allows for future advancement.
- Employ my experience in financial analysis in a competitive working environment to make a significant contribution to the financial stability of the firm.
In short, if you’re looking for an entry level financial analyst job, do your research, check what the eligibility criteria and skills required by employers, visit job sites like Monster, create a professional resume with no grammatical errors, prepare well for interviews and last but not the least … believe in yourself.
Learned Something? Share The Love!
I know that you have a ton of insights that I didn’t cover in this post.
I’d love to hear anything you’ve picked up since starting in financial analysis.
It doesn’t have to be an Earth-shattering insight.
Even a helpful tip would be excellent.
So leave a comment right now with something you’ve learned.
All FinanceWalk readers will get FREE $397 Bonus – FinanceWalk’s Prime Membership.
If you want to build a long-term career in Financial Modeling, Investment Banking, Equity Research, and Private Equity, I’m confident these are the only courses you’ll need. Because Brian (BIWS) has created world-class online financial modeling training programs that will be with you FOREVER.
If you purchase BIWS courses through FinanceWalk links, I’ll give you a FREE Bonus of FinanceWalk’s Prime Membership ($397 Value).
I see FinanceWalk’s Prime Membership as a pretty perfect compliment to BIWS courses – BIWS helps you build financial modeling and investment banking skills and then I will help you build equity research and report writing skills.
To get the FREE $397 Bonus, please purchase ANY BIWS Course from the following link.
Breaking Into Wall Street Courses – Boost Your Financial Modeling and Investment Banking Career
To get your FREE Bonus, you must:
- Purchase the course through FinanceWalk links.
- Send me an email along with your full name and best email address to [email protected] so I can send you the course login details.
Hi, I’m Avadhut, Founder of FinanceWalk. We help you make a rewarding career in any field based on your Inner GPS 🙂.
Contact us for Career Coaching.