- 1 What is Financial Modelling?
- 2 What are the Pre-requisites to Learn Financial Modelling?
- 3 Financial Modelling Courses in Pune - Duration?
- 4 What is the Course Content?
- 5 Is there any opportunity to work on live projects?
- 6 Where will these classes be conducted?
- 7 Student Testimonials:
- 8 Start Your Successful Finance Career in 2019
What is Financial Modelling?
- Financial Modelling involves Modelling Financial Data for Decision Making.
- Financial Modelling Skills are applied to a variety of scenarios like Equity Research, Mergers, and Acquisition, Project Finance etc.
- Our Financial Modelling Courses in Pune Certification equips candidates to develop a model from scratch without using ready-made templates.
What are the Pre-requisites to Learn Financial Modelling?
- While building Financial Model, you’re essentially applying Valuation Principles in a real-life scenario.
- Therefore, we recommend candidates to develop a good understanding of Equity Valuation Methodology before taking up the course.
- Those candidates who do not have any previous background are required to go through our “Level Zero” TM program (at no cost) before taking up Financial Modelling Certification Course.
Financial Modelling Courses in Pune - Duration?
- Typically, the duration of one batch is roughly three months. The Certification is provided by us after the completion of the batch, post which, candidates can apply to our Placement Process.
- However, we operate on a club Membership model, wherein, in the same fees, candidates are allowed to (and encouraged to) attend three more (1+3)
subsequent batches. Every batch we pick up models from different sectors and that provides a deeper understanding to the participants.
What is the Course Content?
We have divided the Financial Modelling Course into Four Parts:
Part I: Advanced Excel Training In these sessions, we will start with the zero knowledge assumption and slowly build expertise up to Advance excel function like Solver, Regression Function, and Goal Seek etc.
Part II: Building Financial Model Infrastructure Like most the other program offered in India, we do not start with pre-designed templates. We will start this session with a blank template and hard code data (Financial Statements) into Excel File. Also, in this Part, we do a walkthrough of Industry Research reports, Macro Economic Reports from various sources.
Part III: Forecasting In this part, we will start identifying Revenue Drivers, Cost Drivers and start forecasting data. For most people, this part of the program is the Real Juice. We will also learn to construct a Debt Schedule, Working Capital Schedule, Capex Schedule and integrate all the Schedules and Statements with each other.
Part IV: Valuation and Report writing
In this section, we will perform the valuation of stock under consideration using DCF, Comparable, and Asset Based Approaches.
The Program concludes with writing a Research Report. Typically, we invite at least 2 Guest Faculty to Conduct Sessions, one from Buy-side and other from Sell Side.
Is there any opportunity to work on live projects?
We have strong classifications with many Equity Research houses in India (mostly through its alumni base). Many candidates are provided internship/jobs right after the program completion. Also, since we provide Financial Modelling Services to clients all around the world (though mostly from the Middle East and Africa), many time participants also get an opportunity to work on live projects.
Where will these classes be conducted?
Financial Modelling Course is held at Pune, Delhi, and Mumbai Branch currently. However, participants from other cities and countries can always participate in Online Pre-recorded Video Lecture program.
“If you are up for CFA, then enrolling for this program would be the best bid! My experience with the institute has been fabulous - an institute above all others. The efforts put in by the team for helping their students get prepared for the exams are highly commendable. Constantly coming up with innovative ways to help anyone and everyone study!
The chief instructor has an unparalleled understanding and clarity of all concepts. He makes everything seem easy to understand and comprehend, which in a way is the biggest relief!!! This institute gives way more than they promise...!!!
The staff too is highly appreciative -Vaibhav and Dashrath are always available for help and support!!! It really takes a lot of commitment to deliver the best and the team definitely lives up to the same!!! “
“One place where every intricate detail about the CFA Curriculum is covered efficiently. Personal guidance is given to every student enrolled in the course. The Chief Instructor runs practical examples parallel to the theories taught to in class.”
“The best coaching available for CFA. Period.
If you are looking for certifications in the field of finance- then this is the place to be.
I come from a non-commerce non-finance background and was skeptical about coping up with a new field. But it was fun to be in the classroom after a really long break and it really helped me that I joined the Institute for my CFA Level 1 exam preparation.
I will strongly recommend this. The Most important thing is that the Chief Instructor is approachable and available and this gives a lot of support as exam approaches.
In one line I will say 'if you are in doubt about the career in finance, join this institute'.”
“I joined the Institute for Level 1 crash course and full time for Level 2 and 3. I cleared Level 3 in June 2016 and the institute has helped me a lot in clearing all 3 levels.
Being from an Engineering background and wanting to pursue a career in financial domain, CFA was a new and important thing for my career. The Chief Instructor, didn't just help and guide in clearing CFA, but also guided and gave sound advice to break into this field. He and his team is not just helpful in clearing the exam but actually understanding the subject matter and the concepts behind the syllabus. Whatever your educational background, if you are interested in CFA, then I highly recommend this institute.”
“Needless to say, the best place to prepare for your CFA. The step-up approach in learning and concept building is like a firm hand guiding you throughout your course till your exams and further in your career.
I am appearing for my level -1 and feel relatively confident as compared to before I joined the institute. A must for all those who are appearing for their CFA, FRM and the best place to clear your concepts on the whole of finance at whatever juncture you are at your life.”
We have discontinued this course in Pune. Registrations open for Delhi and Mumbai.
For admissions and more details, contact Avadhut.
View All BIWS Courses –Free $97 Bonus for FinanceWalk Readers