How many of you want to make a career in Oil and Gas financial modeling?
Those who are interested to make a career in Oil and Gas financial analysis, read on…
I did a research on requirements of financial analysis in Oil and Gas sector.
- 1 Oil and Gas Training
- 1.1 How will you prepare for oil and gas modeling
- 1.2 Oil and gas training course details
- 1.3 What will you learn in this oil and gas training online program
- 1.4 What You Get... And What The BIWS Oil & Gas Training Course Will Do For You...
- 1.5 Plus Unlimited Support From Expert Trainers, 365 Days A Year
- 1.6 What’s your investment in the oil & gas modeling course?
- 1.7 Plus, you get a no-hassle money-back guarantee
- 1.8 Here's what happens within minutes of you signing up
- 2 Start Your Successful Finance Career in 2019
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. (CPA preferred).
- 3+ years experience within the Energy industry, preferably oil and gas related.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about oil, gas, and mining processes and emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Excellent office software skills (expertise in Excel financial modeling is highly desired)
- Strong computer skills, including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- An MBA degree and experience with financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and financial planning are a plus
Oil and Gas Training
How will you prepare for oil and gas modeling
Oil & gas modeling is a complex area. However, if you start with basics, you’ll gain confidence.
Breaking Into Wall Street (BIWS) has created an online training program on Oil and Gas Certification.
Oil and gas training course details
"How to Learn Oil & Gas Valuation and Financial Modeling and Dominate Your Investment Banking Interviews – and Race to the Top of the Bonus Ladder After You Land Your Offer and Start Working"
"The Breaking Into Wall Street Oil & Gas Modeling Course is hands-down the fastest way to master real-world Oil & Gas Financial Modeling and Valuation, with Step-by-Step Video Tutorials, a Case Study Based on a $41 Billion M&A Deal, Unlimited Lifetime Support, and an Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee. Read on to find out more...
Go to the Sign Up page.
What will you learn in this oil and gas training online program
- Master the nuances of oil and gas accounting, valuation, and financial modeling with detailed, step-by-step video training. These are skills that are NOT taught in undergraduate or MBA programs… but which any oil & gas group will expect you to know in interviews and on the job.
- Quickly grasp "real life" concepts and skills through a detailed case study of Exxon Mobil's $41 billion acquisition of XTO Energy – one of the largest and most important energy M&A deals ever. This is not "academic financial theory," but exactly what you do in real life at a bank.
- Dominate your interviews. For your convenience, we provide 6 quick reference guide PDFs and 7 Overview lessons on the topics most likely to come up in interviews. Skip to exactly what you need and review all the concepts in short order – even if your interview is tomorrow and you just found out about it 5 minutes ago.
- Learn how to use oil and gas equity research and SEC filings. Everything in the program is integrated with real SEC filings and equity research from banks like JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Deutsche Bank. And you'll learn exactly how to pull relevant information, adjusted for non-recurring charges, and align your numbers with Wall Street consensus estimates.
- Oil & Gas Accounting, 3-Statement Modeling, Valuation, Merger Models, and LBO Models. These are the fundamental skills you'll need if you want to work in an oil & gas group in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or at a Hedge Fund. And you'll leap ahead of the curve by mastering them before you start working – plus, coverage of additional industry-specific topics such as production and reserves, the Net Asset Value (NAV) Model, and estimating the impact of hedging.
- Pick everything up fast in 3 simple steps: 1) Understand the concept behind the model. 2) Watch a pro build the model. 3) Practice building the model yourself.
- Test Your Knowledge with Practice Exercises. You'll get "Before" and "After" Excel files for each lesson - follow along with the lesson, and then check your answers afterward.
- Get Instant Access: Since everything is delivered online, you get Instant Access to everything as soon as you sign up. No delays, scheduling conflicts, or packages in the mail to worry about.
- Track Your Progress and Take Notes. Thanks to our custom-designed online learning platform, you can check off each module as you go, and take notes on all the lessons for your future reference.
- Unlimited, 365-Day Per Year Support. We have a team of experienced bankers standing by 365 days per year to respond to your questions, comments, and emails, for as long as you need.
- Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee. BIWS Oil & Gas Training is the only financial modeling training program of its kind to come with an unconditional 60-day money back guarantee.
What You Get... And What The BIWS Oil & Gas Training Course Will Do For You...
This is advanced training for both new and experienced professionals.
The Oil & Gas Modeling course is perfect for you if:
- You already know the fundamentals of accounting, valuation, and financial modeling, and now you want to learn how the energy industry works in-depth.
- You're interviewing with oil & gas groups – at banks, PE firms, hedge funds, or any other financial firm.
- You're about to start working in an oil & gas group, or you've just transferred into one and need to get up to speed quickly.
- You're an experienced professional and you've worked in the energy industry before – and now you're transitioning into investment banking, private equity, or related roles.
- Valuation module covers public comps and precedent transactions for energy companies...the key metrics and multiples to use… how a DCF is different... and how to create a full Net Asset Value (NAV) model based on data in SEC filings and equity research.
- Merger Model lessons teach you how to use the actual Exxon Mobil – XTO Merger Agreement to make assumptions… how to combine the 3 statements for oil & gas companies… and how acquisition effects, synergies, contribution analyses, and accretion/dilution differ for energy companies.
- LBO Modeling module covers the key differences when modeling oil & gas companies... how to modify XTO's debt schedules to support refinancing and 7 new debt tranches… and how to analyze returns based on commodity prices.
- The entire course is integrated with real SEC filings and equity research from banks like JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Deutsche Bank – so you'll learn how to use all of those as you would in real life at a bank.
The information you'll find is so detailed and so thorough that our regular customers come from top-ranked universities, investment banks, and business schools.
Once you've completed the training, here's what you can immediately add to your resume / CV:
- Oil & Gas Modeling (Breaking Into Wall Street) Online Financial Modeling Training Program
- Completed oil & gas modeling training, based on a case study of Exxon Mobil's $41 billion acquisition of XTO Energy; built oil & gas operating model, valuation, merger model, and LBO model
- Built operating models for both Exxon Mobil and XTO Energy, based on multiple scenarios for commodity prices, hedging, and fixed and variable expenses; also created debt schedule to handle possible refinancing
- Valued XTO Energy using Net Asset Value (NAV) Model, DCF, and public comps and precedent transactions using multiples such as EV / EBITDAX, EV / Proved Reserves, and EV / Production
- Built merger model for a deal, including assumptions based on exchange ratio used in the deal and potential synergies; calculated both general-purpose and oil & gas-specific accretion/dilution metrics
- Created a leveraged buyout (LBO) model for XTO Energy and used results to understand why buyouts of natural resource companies are rare
You can print out the models from this course and during the interview, you can describe exactly what you learned in the training – you know how important it is to set yourself apart, right?
- Free $97 bonus for FinanceWalk readers.
Plus Unlimited Support From Expert Trainers, 365 Days A Year
When you enroll in BIWS Oil & Gas Training, you'll receive Instant Access to the entire course.
Everything is delivered online, so there's no waiting for materials to arrive by mail, and no expensive in-person training to worry about fitting into your schedule.
You can even download any of the videos or other resources to your preferred device (smartphone, tablet, or laptop/desktop) so you can review the materials whenever and wherever you like.
But that's not the best part...
The best part is unlimited, 365-day-per-year support, whenever you need it.
So if there's anything at all you don't understand or anything you need to clarify, just go to the "Question/Comment" area below each and every lesson, and ask your question.
These comments are monitored and responded to by our expert support team - every one of whom has personal experience working on deals at investment banks, private equity firms, and other finance firms.
So you'll actually get responses from people with deep experience in the field.
This personal, unlimited, when-you-need-it support is one of the things that sets the BIWS courses apart and gets you to your goals faster.
You can often learn just as much from reading other customers' questions, and our responses, as you will from the lessons themselves!
Our personal phone-based coaching rate is currently $200 per hour. But when you access this course, personal support is included for FREE, for as long as you need it.
What’s your investment in the oil & gas modeling course?
To put this in context, let's consider your Return on Investment in this Program...
The pay for entry-level investment banking jobs varies from year to year, but it's safe to say that even entry-level Analysts would make at least $100,000+ USD right out of university.
At the MBA level, that climbs to $200,000 USD. And as you progress, your salary only gets higher and higher.
By investing in this highly-specialized program, you're doing several things, all at the same time:
- Gaining extremely specialized knowledge in a field in which there is always high demand for people who know what they're doing.
- Learning practical real-world skills you can apply right now.
- Differentiating yourself from other IB professionals and students at top schools – even those with the best academic pedigrees and the highest GPAs.
- Proving beyond a doubt to current or potential employers that you're someone who is prepared to go "above and beyond" to be the best and get results… which is exactly the type of person banks love to hire, reward and promote.
So the value you stand to receive is substantial.
And your investment? Just $497 for the entire program.
With this very modest investment, you're setting yourself up for a job that pays a minimum of $100,000 – that's a 400x return on investment. (Good luck getting that in the stock market!)
Or another way to look at it is that with this course, you're acquiring highly-specialized skills for which there is a ton of demand, but very limited supply... and that can only be a very good thing for you.
Other training firms charge much more for less content and value - and in some cases, for programs that aren't even designed specifically for online learning.
Plus, you get a no-hassle money-back guarantee
Just like every one of the BIWS products and courses, this comes with our unconditional 12-Months money back guarantee.
That’s right – take a full 12-Months to evaluate everything inside the Program, and if you’re not 100% satisfied, simply contact BIWS via the “Contact” link displayed on every page of the site and ask for your money back. You’ll receive a prompt and courteous refund.
There are no strings attached, no special terms or conditions, and no fine print.
Here's what happens within minutes of you signing up
Once you sign up, you’ll immediately have access to the 54 instructional videos and 6 PDF Quick Start Guides.
And you’ll have access to BIWS’ expert support team to ask whatever questions you have.
With that comes lifetime access, free upgrades, new content as we add it, and expert support.
View All BIWS Courses –Free $97 Bonus for FinanceWalk Readers