The Breaking into Wall Street (BIWS) investment banking programs are truly unique and custom-made for those desirous to ‘break’ into a career in investment banking, hedge funds and private equity.
In this write-up, we will look into the BIWS PowerPoint Pro program, which is designed to teach aspirants the basics to advanced levels of PowerPoint. You can download their course outline free-of-cost here.
Why Do You Need to Learn PowerPoint?
Before we illustrate the benefits of BIWS PowerPoint Pro, let us know and understand why it is essential for investment banking, hedge funds, and private equity aspirants to learn PowerPoint functions and usability.
Finance professionals are powerhouse users of data.
Continuous analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data necessitate the use of a medium which can help to collate everything in one place without consuming too much time. As let’s say, an investment banker, you need to study companies and their financial data to draw conclusions and represent them through a report.
Using PowerPoint helps in this representation.
You don’t need advanced skills or knowledge to use PowerPoint. Rather than writing a blasé textual report, which is not a preferred method of information consumption, you should use PowerPoint to represent finance data analysis.
PowerPoint, its basic, intermediate and advanced functions, is a powerful tool equipping you to create a presentation without actually knowing how to draw designs and layouts.
As need be, you can include sound files, graphics, texts, images, videos, data charts and more using their pre-defined templates and uploading the peripherals into their designated space.
There are a lot of places from where you can learn PowerPoint but you need something which is custom-made for finance professionals. This is where the BIWS PowerPoint Pro comes in as their course caters to learning only those PowerPoint functions which are essential in the investment banking industry.
In short, it is not a generic course but a well-customized and guarantee-backed course.
What Does BIWS PowerPoint Pro Teach You?
Each lesson focuses on practical exercises to ensure the learner has imbibed all the concepts.
You are taught PowerPoint from basic to advanced level.
There are video tutorials captioned with shortcut keys so that the learner can watch and practice them at the same time.
Moreover, you are made to create a buy-side M & A pitch book for Apple as a ‘test’ to leverage your understanding of PowerPoint.
Some features of the BIWS PowerPoint Pro program:
– The course has 28 video tutorials in total, divided into bite-sized knowledge chunks and accompanies with PowerPoint 2003 / 2007 / 2010 excel files.
– The learner can switch through courses back and forth. Linear learning is not mandatory.
– The course has a “to-do” list to be marked off as the learner moves from one module to another.
– The courses can be downloaded and played on all major devices – laptops, desktops, iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
– Every course user is given lifetime access to the purchased course.
– There is a strong and active community of 22,000+ people to help sort out doubts and questions quickly.
Take a look at this reader testimonial.
– Lessons on creating and inserting texts, objects, excel graphs, formatting shapes, alignment, data grouping, custom keyboard shortcuts and more.
– A lot of slides and videos for complete information consumption.
The course is divided into the following modules.
- Module 1: Slides, Texts, and Objects
- Module 2: Pasting in Objects
- Module 3: Grouping, Aligning, and Formatting
- Module 4: Finishing Touches
The knowledge of PowerPoint will certainly arm you with endless tools to create professional presentations, with exceptional designs and beauty. Such presentations will be brief and concise, and therefore, evoke brevity in front of the audiences. It will become simpler and hassle-free to communicate financial reports in front of others and make it more interesting. Rather than boring text-based reports, the interactivity of a PowerPoint presentation is preferred.
To reiterate what we said before, the BIWS PowerPoint Pro course is geared towards those necessary learning requirements in investment banking and hedge fund industry.
The BIWS PowerPoint Pro is a recommended course for anyone who wishes to break into the investment banking and hedge fund segment but lacks PowerPoint skills. Given the fact that PowerPoint knowledge is a must in these fields, you cannot ignore learning it.
View All BIWS Courses –Free $97 Bonus for FinanceWalk Readers